Thursday, July 12, 2012

My lil Chair Makeover

Hi, I thought I'd share a little chair makeover with you. Here's how it looked when I was done...


Here's a little chair my mom gave me, so I decided to make it a little more my style. Here's what it looked like before:

This chair is tiny and you would think it would take 30 minutes to paint it but it took a lot longer more like 1hr and 30 minutes.
This is what it looked like during:

I first used the black chalkboard paint (I had to put 3 coats on). Then I used white paint. I left the blue from the way it was before.
This is another during photo:

This was not supposed to come out like this, I was going to keep it white and put a metallic copper stencil on it but I messed up :(  
This is another after picture:

I ended up putting the stencil on anyway this time with my moms help, but I used the chalkboard paint instead of finding another color to use. I'm kind of glad I messed up on it, because I ended up liking it anyways. I guess you could call it a Happy Accident :)




                                                         

2 comments:

  1. love what you did with the chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan,

    I'm a big fan of your mom's blog and the lady who told your mom about what message irises convey. I added you to my blog list and added my name to your list of followers.

    You did a great job on the chair...it's soooo sweet! Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete