Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New Blue Wall Bucket

This is my bucket since I was a little girl. I didn't really like it, so i decided to do something with it. Which means MAKEOVER!! 

I decided to use blue paint, because I liked it and thought I wouldn't have to put a lot of coats on. This is the first coat.

This is the bucket with its second coat on. I probably could have put three coats on but I only put two.

Okay, so for this part I used painters tape and chalkboard paint. I kind of wanted it to look like a frame. It needed three or four coats of chalkboard paint. 

This is the outcome of my bucket makeover. I decided to put gold dots around the blackboard paint. I like how this came out better than my little chair I painted.

MAIL!!! Yes I use my bucket as a mailbox. I hung It outside of my door and my family sometimes puts mail in it. But besides using it as a mailbox its also there for decoration. 










1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan,

    That is really a clever idea! I like that you used chalkboard paint for messages and I love the blue paint (blue is my favorite color).

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete